The Metropolitan Washington Chapter of the ARCS Foundation will award one ARCS Endowment Fellowship for the academic year 2014-15 in the amount of $15,000. Selection of the fellowship recipient is made from among participating universities on the basis of qualifications and research achievements of the candidate.
The area of study eligible for receipt of this fellowship varies from year to year. The specific field of study for the 2014-15 fellowship award is Chemistry Research.
Deadline: The internal application process for the 2014-15 academic year is now closed. Internal applications are normally due in early to mid December. Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com (preferred), delivered in person to the Graduate Studies Office at 2023 Ivy Road, or sent by messenger mail to P.O. Box 400882. Please check this site for updates.
The University of Virginia is permitted to submit one application for consideration for this fellowship. An internal nomination process selects the University's nominee.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Full time graduate student majoring in the field of physical sciences or engineering
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Be a citizen of the United States
The following materials are required for the internal nominations process:
- A detailed, written statement that discusses the relevancy and applicability of the student's research, including academic/research objectives, career goals, and how ARCS funding will make a difference for the student's research
- Unofficial graduate school transcript or, as applicable, an undergraduate transcript
- A minimum of two faculty letters of recommendation, with each letter being at a maximum one page long
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.